Sunday 19 September 2010

Influential Blogs

I have set up this blog page as a way of visual communicating my ideas, thought models and research. There are many reasons why i have chosen to do it in a blog format;

- Reflecting from second years modules i obtained the highest grade in learning by context. A module were i had to evidence my ideas in a blog format. I believe i gained the highest grade in this because i enjoyed the work process.

- When conducting research for my major project i followed the blog http://littleyellowbirds.blogspot.com/  were i found many inspiration images and techniques. I have also just started to obtain research from the blog http://connectivethread.blogspot.com/ 

One image that i loved from this site was from the exhibition 'Tongue'. 



This is a collection of different artists work displayed effectively. The piece that stands out to me is the 'To do list: 1. Get new job 2. Pay bills 3. Buy milk 4. Find true love'. The reason i was so drawn to this pieces is because for my third year major project i am basing it on 'Love and Intimacey', i want to explore the different love connections between people. This piece makes love seem so disconnected as if love just another JOB!!!

Another image that i found visual inspiring was 'More', I love the use of bold text and the bed sheet look to the material. 

I particularly find this piece influential for a potential piece for my work.i found a quote from a book of love letter, 'I shall want some linen from your house tomorrow.' I believe i could illustrate this quote effectively using a similar technique to 'more' but on a smaller scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment