Monday 18 October 2010

Reflecting on assessment point

Within the assessment I believe I got all my views about where my work is and where my work is going across effectively. The use of text and stitching is one of the ways I am going to further my project, at the present time.
I discussed the quotes I have collected from the book titled, ‘Great love letters of men and women’ and how I am going to illustrate these obscure references to ‘love’. The tutors suggested as well as using love letters maybe look at contemporary reference points such as movie quotes, sections from women’s magazine on love and divorce, and speaking to people directly about their experiences.
Another thing that I considered when talking about contemporary love references is the way of telling someone you love them, the book is older love letters, but nowadays loving affections are normally written in cards or in text messages. I see this comparison as being a great continuum to my work, and something I will defiantly research.
I believe my next step forward with my work is to start creating illustrations and drawing using the quotes I have already collected, and also gather added ones along the way. I am going to work with stitching, textiles inks and screen printing, which is why I will heavily carry on looking at the work by Careen Garfen.

No comments:

Post a Comment