Sunday 3 October 2010

Contemporary Textiles: the fabric of fine art

I have recently brought a book titled; Contemporary textiles: the fabric of fine art. I purchased this to influence my major project and my dissertation research. For my dissertation i am researching the way artists use textiles to create their work, and the different techniques this involves. 

The first artist that really inspired me was ....... I love the use of lighting as it makes the piece really ornate and delicate.


The way the piece is constructed using the stitching to hold the piece together adds a crafty feeling to the work. When I create my work i draw out images on paper then translate this onto fabric. This piece is created out paper and threads which makes the piece more delicate and detailed. 

Another piece that interested me was by the artist ... The piece uses text and imagery to illustrate their message. 


A lot of my work is created using text and imagery in a similar way, on the free hand embroidery machine. I am intrigued to find out whether this piece is created on a machine or hand stitched.

I believe the simple line drawings work effectively and add a child like quality to the piece, making it more humorous.

This collage of textile material by the artist ..... is visually interesting and is something  havn't tried before.


Within my work i am incuraged to start working on top of fabrics i have collected., beileive this will add a visual depth to my imagry.

Contemporary Textile: the fabric of fine art, book is really inspiring and is a tool that i beleive will really furthure my dissertation research and textile techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment