Tuesday 19 October 2010

'MORE'

I am really interested in playing about with a number of quotes i have collected for a book titled 'Great love letter of men and women'. the next quote i am going to experiment with is 'Can you bring a piece of your bed linen to me'. i want to create this in an image of a bed sheet and after seeing this piece from one of the blog i am following i thought about the sizing and layout to me piece.

 For now i am going to keep with the same size as my other imagery, but i love the strong use of the word 'MORE'. In one of my last pieces i concentrated on chosen words from phrases but i believe layering an added simple word on top of my text would work effectively.

I have also been researching Tracey Emin 'MORE' 2005 for my dissertation.



I find this word so aproprated to women espeacialy in the content Emin has incluede it. This is why i believe creating it in textile on top of my, almost seedy quote would have a dramatic effect. I am also considering what symbolism to use with the text, at the moment i am considering using the heart shape as a continuum from a past piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment