Sunday 27 February 2011

Love, Lovers, Loved

The images on the last post shpwed a turning point in my work. The textiles is flat it hasnt got any form, this is one of the reasons i started re adressing my work and thought about how to make it more 3D and relate the the female conitation of the textiles. i wanted to start truely appricating the notion of textiles. This is when i created Love, lovers, Loved.

it is a visual list of all the men in my live. the different colours are in refrence to war hero merit badges RED BLUE and GOLD. One of my male friends is a war hero and one of my heros, war is something that is normally assicated with men so when researching how to combine my male relatioship with textiles and dress i found it chalenging but i thought it was poient to have the male names on such a female item. When researching love and war i found wear your heart on your sleve comes for men at war stiching their female lover names into their uniform and historically knights use to wear their ladys colours on their sleves.




No comments:

Post a Comment