Sunday 27 February 2011

Asessment Two

(Inital images refrence video a few posts down FLAT PACKED LOVE)

I am going to start by discussing my initial experimental piece after the last assessment;
The piece relates to today’s society and the idea of our flat packed disposable world (Ikea)
I wanted to explore the 2D and 3D aspects of the work – 2D heart in photographs 3D in video
 
Flat emotionless heart is given more meaning by adding personal tags



This next image is of the video projected ontop of a large scale tag, i am fasinated by the relationship of the 2D and 3D notion of the item.



-From doing this experiment concentrating on the 2D and 3D relationship of the work  I then started to consider my textiles work as a 3D.
-This piece is 2D- I have just used the stitch as a way of drawing on the fabric.
-I think it is conceptual resolved but there is something missing...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment